Mental Shifts To Get You Out Of The Rut
We are nearly at the end of the year and Christmas is chasing us already. The new years’ resolutions have long come and gone and how have they worked for you? Are you still working towards your goals for 2017 or are they long forgotten? Have you become a little bit stuck and are you feeling like you’re in a rut?
If you find yourself stuck in a rut try using these mental shifts to redirect your energy and regain control of your life:
- Everyone gets in a rut once in a while, recognise it and realize that, with change, this too shall pass.
- Search your soul and discover what it is you are looking for (or where you do not want to be or go).
- Change the direction you are going in – focus your energies on different things. You got yourself into the rut, you can get yourself out of the rut as well.
- Make a concerted effort to change, any change is good, be it the company you keep, starting to exercise or changing your diet. Make a concerted effort to change your routine!
- See the bigger picture and focus on where you are going.
- Take responsibility, take action and stay focused on your new direction.
- Stop and take stock of how you are feeling. If you are moving towards your new goal, stay focused and recognise when things go wrong. Recognise the feelings of being stuck and take action as soon as you notice you are heading back to the rut.
- Know what you want and better still why you want it?
- Make it a priority to be with people who add value to your life, and know that you do that for them too.
- Get stuck into everything you believe in. Starting with yourself!
Most of all remember that it is not the end of the world to get stuck if you remember you can get yourself un-stuck.