Sticky Situations in Life
A Sticky Situation –A particularly awkward, embarrassing, precarious, or difficult situation or circumstance.
A sticky situation is a place you end up and once you are in it, you are stuck and possibly feeling awkward, embarrassed or stressed.
You are literally glued to a scenario and do not know where to go.
- There is no easy way out.
- You don’t know which way to turn.
- It is stressful.
- Whichever way you turn, you can’t see a solution to the problem.
- You are stuck, you want to run away.
What is your first reaction when you get stressed?? Fight or flight?
Are you someone that can ‘do’ confrontation?
Do you curl up and pretend you died?
How do you now come to be “unstuck”?
Some options for possible actions:
- Talk your way out
- Run away
- Sit down and cry
- Talk sense into the aggressor
- Try to calm down and think rationally
- Fight your way out
- Have a cigarette? A Chocolate?
- Face up to the embarrassment and try leave with as much dignity as you can.
- Try and explain your involvement/intentions to the best of your ability.
Tips to come unstuck or even avoid the glue altogether:
Try to analyze where you went wrong the last time and figure out how you could have avoided that situation.
From the previous point analyze how you could have gotten out of it the best way possible.
Most of all, remember the 5 principles of Lifeworx:
Be true to yourself and your own convictions
Live with passion
Live from the inside out
Know your x factor
Pay it forwards