Stress and Time
Making sense of time. These are just some of the feelings and responses to the stress that may be attached to time.
For most of us, time is one of our greatest pressures and stresses both personally and professionally.
- When you have too much time on your hands – You may feel boredom.
- Not giving enough of your time to people or situations – You may feel concern and worry.
- Not having enough time to get things done or accomplished – You may feel panic and disappointment.
- When you know you have wasted your time –You may feel annoyance and guilt.
- Not being on time for appointments and deadlines – You may feel anxiety and fear.
- Feeling as though you didn’t give enough of your time – You may feel disappointment and shame.
- When you have had your time interrupted and taken for granted – You may feel frustrated, impatient and angry.
Find ways to eliminate the stress surrounding time. People of all ages say "time is flying”. Technology has certainly made things quicker and easier but has also become a thief of time.
So take action now and this is how:
You need to find a way to just STOP!
Stop doing everything so quickly. For most of us, quality outweighs quantity and we need to be more in the moment rather than rushing through them.
To be consistent and to have good habits allows us to be more in control of our time.
Writing lists and making sure that we tick them off.
Making sure we don’t neglect the very thing we should be doing.
We also need to say NO to interruptions and unreasonable demands.
We need to set realistic time frames for important tasks
Sticking to what we say is key to having integrity
Never be scared to ask for help
Don’t let procrastination be the poison to not getting things done
But here is a thing: Have you ever noticed that you can always make time for the things that you really want to do? Might the lack of time just be your excuse?
Try and change your perception of either the task or the time you think is available.
This is probably the only change you need to make, to make more time.