Life in 2018.
So how has life been treating you in 2018?
VAT has just gone up...
Overseas trips becoming too expensive?
Food prices are set to rise to scary heights.
Eskom probably about to increase electricity tariffs.
Due to the drought, SA is said to have to import 5 million tons of maize.
Have you had to adjust your holiday plans? Your daily lifestyle? To accommodate the current rise in your standard of living? What are you resorting to in order to survive and still live your life?
On social media, there are many examples of people sharing practical ideas on their lifestyles. Pinterest has numerous categories. For example, you can find helpful storage ideas for small apartments and many practical examples of how to maximise small living spaces.
It is invaluable to see what other people have invented and made work for them. It is such a treat to have a wealth of examples to look at and see which one would suit you. It is equivalent to someone else having done your research so you can choose the best fit for your needs. It also spurns your creative side, by showing you what people have done and you can then make your own. It is a really nice indication of what can be made/what is out there. People with interests, I would even call it expertise, are not shy to share their ingenious ideas.
Is there anything out there to help you maximise your salary to make the month last until the end of your salary?? Or do you just make do without when things become too expensive? How are we going to cope?
There is a growing number of people growing their own vegetables. Some people have cancelled their overseas trip and will rather travel in SA. A lot of people are trying to get off the municipal grid as far as electricity and water are concerned. Are you considering limiting the number of times you go out, cancelling your medical aid or your gym contract?
Tips to stay positive about your finances:
- Be pro-active and look ahead and know how far your money will go
- Investigate your options
- Accept a few essential truths and work towards a better mindset
- Make a decision and be disciplined in your managing your actions
- See where you can cut down on expenses. Be ready and prepared for change.
- Don’t let the negativity on social media get you down
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help
- Learn from people who get it right
- Be open to change
- Stay Positive and of course realistic
- “Keep your eyes open and your feet moving forward. You will find what you need”
#livelifelovelife #liveinthemoment #payitforwards