Recipe for Motivation.
How To Stay Motivated:
- Set realistic goals for yourself and tell someone about them so that you can be accountable and don’t give up on your goals when you find them difficult to achieve. I feel like if I tell someone about my goals I won’t give up on them as easily as I would if I don’t tell anyone, because I have told someone that I am going to do it no matter what and I don’t want them to think I give up easily.
- Read some positive quotes. Sometimes reading positive things lifts your spirit.
- Make friends with positive people who help you be who you want to be and won’t want you to change just to fit in.
- Accept when you fail, if you fail. It is what it is and it was what it was. Don’t dwell on the past, learn from past failures and move on.
- Have a positive attitude and don’t give up when things get tough.
- Control your controllables; don’t try control things that you can’t control, and don’t worry about what you can’t control.
- Don’t repeat mistakes you have made in the past; learn from your mistakes and try new things.
- Plan what you are going to do. If you have something due then don’t leave it to the last minute because guarantied you will just make yourself stress and you won’t be happy with your work if you finish just on time.
- Get started. The sooner you start, the closer you will be to achieving your goals.
- Chat to a life coach who will help you along the way. Anita is my life coach and she is great at keeping me motivated. I definitely think a life coach can keep you motivated.