The Best Way To Start Your Day
It is important to start a day right. But what is ‘right’? It is uniquely different from one person to another. For me, the best way to start a day is definitely early. I love the early mornings. To get up, be active and possibly watch the sun come up. The promise of a brand new day, a beautiful sunrise, a fresh start after hopefully a restful night. You can design your whole day the way you want.
Someone else might think that is the absolute pits – getting up before having finished sleeping and then getting out and getting active could be the worst nightmare for some. To them a slow start, coffee in bed, a good lie-in will sort out the cobwebs in the brain, get the day started slowly and plan the days’ activities well before racing head over heels into some physical exertion and the rest of the day is spent chasing your tail and getting your energy levels in balance.
I suppose what it comes down to is: what is your best way to start your day? Have you managed to filter out what works best for you and are you able to make those things happen? Here are some questions that could help you filter out your motivation:
- Are you someone that can make things happen before you have had your morning coffee?
- Can you even make do without your morning’s coffee fix?
- Are you one to get up and do your exercise?
- Have you ever asked yourself what you really need to start off your day well?
- Is your answer a habit or is it really something that warms up your heart, puts a smile on your dial and makes you feel content?
- What could you do without?
- Is your answer different on a workday as opposed to a weekend/holiday day?
The most important thing for you to find out is what needs to be in place for you to have a good start to the day that will get you in the right frame of mind to be able to handle the rest of the day.
On top of that, it is also realistic to say that we cannot make every day our best day? Or is that a defeatist attitude to have? Or can we make things happen that sets our day up in such a way we can manage to the best of our abilities and not be wrung out at the end of the day?
A bit of planning, being proactive about it and making the things that float your boat happen is what is needed to start every day on a good note.
#livelifelovelife #bebetteratbeingbetter #liveinthemoment