Get in Tune with Your Life
Do you ever feel derailed by the intensity of life? With our world changing and moving at a pace like never before, we need to find ways of keeping us in check. Unfortunately, we get so busy and side-tracked, that we don’t even realise that things are getting out of hand until it’s too late. Here is a little advice that I find has helped me over the years: When you are tired and begin to feel overwhelmed, you really do need to listen to your body and what to your mind is trying to tell you. Your relationship with yourself is probably one of the most important relationships you will ever have.
Imagine how you would react to someone you love and respect. If they came and told you they were not coping and were overwhelmed by life, you would probably say something like: “you need to take a break – take care of yourself – take time out” – that is really some great advice.
You owe this to yourself too! Make sure that you are always in tune with how you are feeling. Don’t deny that you are exhausted from all your stress. Not everyone can just take leave, get on a plane, sleep late and not show up for the commitments of daily life, but you can stop and focus on the changes you need to make within your daily life to make the shift before the shift gets forced upon you.
Small things can create a bigger change down the line. Don’t be scared to say NO when you know you should. We often are over-extending ourselves for others, but do we make sure we give ourselves the same respect?
Don’t sit around and wait for things to change, do it!
Here are a few questions to help you stay focused and on track:
- Describe the week you have just had in three words.
- What is making you look forward to the following week?
- Do you feel you plan your week enough?
- Rate the week you have had at work out of a possible 20.
- Rate the week you have had out of 20 - on a personal level.
- Write down 3 things that went well for you this week.
- Write down 3 things that went wrong this week.
- Write down 3 things that you would have done differently now that you had a chance to think about things.
- Write down 3 things that you are looking forward to in your next week.
- Rate the next week you are about to have. And try to achieve that rating.
- What can you do to make time for yourself?
- Where does the shift need to start to make these changes?
- What have you had enough of and what are you going to do about it?
- Do you do enough for yourself?
- What changes do you promise yourself?
Don’t deny yourself the pleasure of being in touch and in tune with your life and your needs.
We all have the ability to design what it is we feel we deserve. The catch is to be pro-active in getting what you want. Don’t sit around and wait for things to change, do it!
Make these changes yourself without delay or reservation. Get your life on track and work towards the result you want for your life. You are the driving force behind your best life.
#lifeworx #livelifelovelife #takeabreak #balance #takeaction #takecontrol